Prefect System 2019
Applications are either by letter or students can be nominated by form tutors.
Selected students will be called SENIOR PREFECTS and will be awarded a BLUE TIE. You will be in a position of authority in school amongst peers.
Senior Prefects will have an allocated duty day.
In September, all Year 11 students will have the opportunity to apply to be a prefect and will be issued with a red tie.
Students will also have to opportunity to represent departments and be affiliated to a certain department.
Consistently Demonstrate a Positive Approach to School Life
You will also have demonstrated a consistently positive approach to the school and your learning, this means:
- Attendance is over 95%
- Reliability – good attendance and punctuality
- Presentation – Wearing full school uniform (shirt, tie, footwear, blazer etc.) Also, adherence to school expectations of jewellery and make up!
- Good conduct – positive and co-operative conduct in all lessons
- Respect – Positively acknowledging the authority of the schools at all levels
- Organisation – Coursework and homework being completed within the set timescales
- Ambition/Aspiration – Positive progress ATL reports, nothing less than an average of a 3 in your average ATL
In addition to the above, you will be committed to attend Senior Prefect duties as required: support the school during and beyond the normal school hours an participate in assemblies when required.
As a prefect you will always:
- Uphold the school’s 7Rs and broader expectations
- Carry out the duties required of you (preferential treatments to friends and family members will not be allowed)
- Be a good ambassador for the school and for your year
- Correctly wear full school uniform
- Maintain good attendance (95%) and be punctual for school and lessons
- Maintain ATL grades throughout key stage 4
Why do it?
- Aspire to lead others
- Want to make a difference
- Showcase what skills you have to offer
- Earn the respect of your peers within school
Please write a letter on how you can demonstrate the following:
- Good conduct
- Upholding the 7Rs
- What you think you can offer the school as a Senior Prefect
Please ensure that you have the support of your parents/carers in your application
Final info and deadline for 2019
- Guidelines will be handed out by your form tutors
- Read about the process and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- If interested then get your letter written and handed in to Mrs Wilkinson’s office on C Floor
Deadline: Monday 18th March 2019